Manager, Pop-up Boutiques
Publication date Jan 23, 2024
- Working hours
- Full time
- Spoken and written languages
English (intermediate level)
- Operations and Events
- Base salary
- $45,000 - $60,000
Under the supervision of the Director of Operations and Events, the person responsible for the pop-up boutiques manages all activities related to merchandise and sales, including management of relationships with suppliers. The position's main role is to optimize sales and profitability of the boutique(s). The incumbent will be responsible for the operational implementation and enhancement of the boutique(s), including all promotional aspects.
About the position
- Manage all boutique operations and delegate responsibilities to customer reception teams;
- Supervise all merchandise-related activities: selection of an assortment of featured products, management of product development stages, approval of promotional products, management of graphic design and customization;
- Identify potential suppliers, monitor supplier performance to ensure on-time deliveries and compliance with quality standards;
- Optimize boutique performance by negotiating prices and conditions with suppliers;
- Compose contracts and purchase orders;
- Carry out purchase orders and follow-ups with suppliers;
- Develop the physical layout of the boutique;
- Plan the layout and equipment needed to set up the boutique;
- Set up the electronic payment terminal system;
- Define the pricing structure;
- Manage inventory and configure the Shopify platform;
- Manage inventory levels according to needs and forecasts, and code products;
- Plan and implement promotions;
- Carry out administrative follow-up with the accounting team;
- Provide detailed sales reports;
- Open and manage an online boutique;
- Recruit and train staff when boutique opens (POS, customer service, inventory);
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the market and trends;
- Ensure compliance with all legal guidelines;
- Follow best practices in sustainable development.
- Minimum academic requirements: College diploma;
- Minimum years of experience: Minimum 5 years;
- Good command of French, both oral and written, and intermediate level of English for communication with suppliers;
- Flexible schedules and available to travel abroad;
- Mastery of Google and Office suite tools;
- Knowledge of Shopify and Lightspeed platforms;
- Experience in retail and e-commerce;
- Excellent people management skills;
- Methodical and organized;
- Good team spirit and collaborative approach.
Hybrid work environment
Vacation and time off
Art and culture are essential pillars in maintaining a healthy and sustainable society. Our teams are invested in enacting PHI's mission and vision on a daily basis. As a result, we are committed to sharing and encouraging the work of artists and defending their questions and explorations that reflect our collective reality.
By joining forces, we create value for us all. Every voice and every talent contributes to enriching PHI. We offer space for dialogue, exchange and experimentation that encourages active participation. Our strength lies in our approach, working in concert with artists, innovative minds and institutions from around the world.
We embrace novelty, experimentation and pioneering spirit. PHI is a laboratory where new ideas take shape, where artists push beyond their own limits and where innovation is encouraged. Looking to the future, we are committed to listening to the voices of creators and our collaborators, offering them a space for expression and reflection.
We are committed to maintaining the highest standards of ethics and honesty in everything we do. In harmony with our values and mission, we strive to act collectively with transparency and accountability with our colleagues, artists, public, and communities at large. We strive to build a culture of trust by fostering responsiveness and humility.
Above all, we are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels heard and supported, defending best practices in equity, diversity, accessibility and inclusion. We actively seek to eliminate barriers that prevent full participation in our activities, prioritizing empathy and respect in all our interactions.
Apply for this
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.