Box Office Project Officer
Publication date Nov 20, 2023
- Working hours
- Full time
- Spoken and written languages
English (intermediate level)
- Operations - Ticketing
Under the supervision of the Box Office Manager, the Box Office Project Officer supports the management of deliverables for the various projects under the PHI portfolio and its entities (Centre, Studio, Foundation), and ensures that schedules are maintained by mobilizing the various stakeholders.
About the position
The incumbent will provide coordination and consulting support to ensure the smooth operation of ticketing for PHI’s entities. The chosen individual will also be required to collaborate in setting up and managing ticketing operations for touring exhibitions. The ideal candidate will possess strategic vision, problem-solving skills and experience in managing ticketing software.
Programming and marketing
- Responsible for setting up events in the ticketing system, as well as programming promotions and promotional banners;
- Follow-up with the Marketing team and the Visitor Experience department;
- Support the Ticketing Manager in managing ticketing systems and day-to-day ticketing operations, including blocking, price categories, email reminders, invitation management, etc;
- Ensure deliverables in close collaboration with other departments such as marketing, production, digital and communications for initiatives assigned to the box office team;
- Collaborate on the creation of a ticketing document archiving system, implementation of customer segmentation and update procedures to facilitate data analysis.
Design and compose continuous improvement procedures;
Coordinate, on a regular basis, the updating, improvement and development of ticketing system functionalities;
Train ticketing staff and act as a resource person on the use of the system;
Support the ticketing team in optimizing user practices and proactively proposing automations and improvements to the customer experience;
Contribute to the implementation of new features such as co-production, dashboarding, etc;
Extract lists for various marketing purposes;
Coordinate discount and rewards programs (Passeport MTL, Carte Accès Montréal, Musées Montréal, etc.);
Supervise box office closures and daily box office reports;
Support teams working on touring exhibitions.
Performance analysis and monitoring
Develop performance monitoring reports to meet the needs of all departments: Marketing, Productions, Operations;
Manage large-scale one-off projects, as well as specific projects to improve practices.
Participate in weekly box office and customer service team meetings, as well as other ad hoc meetings.
- Minimum academic requirements: DEC;
- Minimum years of experience: 3 years in a similar position in the arts & entertainment industry;
- Excellent oral and written French and intermediate English for communication with customers and suppliers;
- Knowledge of the Tuxedo and/or Outbox ticketing system. Other ticketing software an asset;
- Perfect command of the Office pack; Intermediate to advanced level of Excel;
- Experience in analytics and database management;
- Strong sense of priorities and ability to multitask;
- Ability to exercise good judgment, self-reliance, and juggle the unexpected with an ability to work under pressure and solve problems with agility;
- Data-driven with a good understanding of the customer journey and buying process;
- Project management experience is an asset.
Hybrid work environment
Vacation and time off
Our brand promises
The world is in perpetual transformation. Without omitting the past experience, PHI is looking to the future and making a lasting commitment to listening to and making space for the next generation of creative practitioners.
Attentive to ecosystems, PHI acts as an antenna and contributes significantly to new ways of consuming art. Relevance is applicable in the research and development of both tech and form, contributing significantly to contemporary ways of creating and consuming art and new forms of storytelling. Passionate about participating in global consciousness, PHI takes cues from global concerns, compelling themes, and ideas reflecting our human condition.
PHI approaches its work while considering the needs, voices, and points of view of everyone. PHI values lived experience, heritage and difference, seeking to ensure that diverse voices are not only respected, but actively uplifted and included in its discussions through the lens of art.
Dedicated to Quality
The dialogue between art and the public is sacred. The curators at PHI are committed to producing meaningful exhibitions and immersive experiences while respecting, uplifting and contextualizing art, artists and the ideas they cultivate.
At PHI, art is bold, the gesture and creative impulse is unpredictable. Unexpected encounters inform new hybrid ideas. The conversation is always rigorous and impactful.
Apply for this
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.