Payroll and Human Resources Technician
Publication date Jun 22, 2022
- Working hours
- Full time
- Spoken and written languages
Reporting to the Human Resources Manager, the Payroll and Human Resources Technician performs the complete payroll cycle and provides support in all activities related to payroll and human resources administration.
About the position
- Perform full cycle payroll for ± 100 employees (bi-monthly payroll, non-union);
- Perform and ensure input related to employee records (hiring, termination, various changes, etc.);
- Be the keeper of the payroll software (updates, employee data, etc.);
- Explain discrepancies between actual and budgeted salaries or any discrepancies found in the payroll;
- Be the primary contact to answer employee questions regarding payroll and related topics (insurance, absence counters, access to HR platforms, etc.);
- Perform fiscal year-end payroll (T4A, T4, Relevé 1);
- Assist with tax year end (Summary 1, etc.);
- Respond to various government requests;
- Administer group insurance (enrollment, de-enrollment, invoice tracking, etc.);
- Manage the administration for employees under contract (editing contracts, amendments, point of contact for managers, etc.).
- + 3 years of experience in payroll;
- DEP or DEC in administrative techniques, payroll or any other relevant training;
- Membership in the Canadian Payroll Association (an asset);
- Knowledge of the Desjardins payroll system, Employeur D (an asset);
- Excellent command of French, both oral and written;
- Good knowledge of English, both oral and written;
- Good knowledge of the MS Office suite, particularly Excel;
- Good analytical skills, ability to manage stress and meet deadlines;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills;
- Demonstrate autonomy, versatility, attention to detail and initiative;
- Good team player with good interpersonal skills.
Please note: Only candidates who already have the right to work in Canada will be considered.
Hybrid work environment
Vacation and time off
Our brand promises
The world is in perpetual transformation. Without omitting the past experience, PHI is looking to the future and making a lasting commitment to listening to and making space for the next generation of creative practitioners.
Attentive to ecosystems, PHI acts as an antenna and contributes significantly to new ways of consuming art. Relevance is applicable in the research and development of both tech and form, contributing significantly to contemporary ways of creating and consuming art and new forms of storytelling. Passionate about participating in global consciousness, PHI takes cues from global concerns, compelling themes, and ideas reflecting our human condition.
PHI approaches its work while considering the needs, voices, and points of view of everyone. PHI values lived experience, heritage and difference, seeking to ensure that diverse voices are not only respected, but actively uplifted and included in its discussions through the lens of art.
Dedicated to Quality
The dialogue between art and the public is sacred. The curators at PHI are committed to producing meaningful exhibitions and immersive experiences while respecting, uplifting and contextualizing art, artists and the ideas they cultivate.
At PHI, art is bold, the gesture and creative impulse is unpredictable. Unexpected encounters inform new hybrid ideas. The conversation is always rigorous and impactful.
Apply for this
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.