Food and beverage manager
Publication date Jan 10, 2023
- Working hours
- Full time
- Spoken and written languages
Under the supervision of the Director of operations & events and in direct contact with Event coordinators, the Food and beverage manager is responsible for the management of all food and beverage activities for PHI including managing the relationships with our catering partners.
About the position
The Food and beverage manager will ensure that all food and beverage equipment are in good working order and well maintained as well as hire, train, and supervise all food and beverage staff. The position is responsible for making sure that drink services during the Centre’s events are carried out professionally and all internal food and beverage needs are met. The Food and beverage manager also ensures that all food and beverage related activities are in line with the regulations outlined by the Régie des Alcools Courses et Jeux, MAPAQ, as well as all internal eco-responsible protocols.
- To ensure all alcohol and food permits are valid;
- To oversee all food and beverage activities both internal and event based;
- To keep an inventory of all food and beverage products;
- To order stock and keep track of inventory through BEV SPOT including monthly counts;
- To program and update all food and beverage software and payment processing systems;
- To build and lead a team of event staff;
- To create weekly schedules for food and beverage planning personnel and subcontractor needs, their work hours and time sheets;
- To develop menus and drink lists in keeping with the quality standards of PHI;
- To participate in preparing departmental budgets for each event and annually;
- To ensure both employee kitchens and eating areas are fully stocked with coffee, snacks and supplies;
- To be the liaison between the PHI Centre and our 4 exclusive caterers (contracts and conformity to our operations protocols);
- To be responsible for all food and beverage sales and communicate seamlessly with accounting regarding any and all revenue;
- To follow best practices regarding waste management and sustainability.
Minimum education required: College Diploma
Number of years of experience required: 5
- Fluent in both English and French;
- Available evenings and weekends;
- Working knowledge of Lightspeed;
- Good knowledge of best practices regarding waste management and sustainability;
- Proven creativity and inspiring food and beverages trends and best practices;
- Thrives in a fast paced and high energy work environment;
- Expertise in building relationships and working on teams across all levels of an organization, particularly with operating teams;
- Experience with financial management and creating strong employee and guest satisfaction.
Hybrid work environment
Vacation and time off
Our brand promises
The world is in perpetual transformation. Without omitting the past experience, PHI is looking to the future and making a lasting commitment to listening to and making space for the next generation of creative practitioners.
Attentive to ecosystems, PHI acts as an antenna and contributes significantly to new ways of consuming art. Relevance is applicable in the research and development of both tech and form, contributing significantly to contemporary ways of creating and consuming art and new forms of storytelling. Passionate about participating in global consciousness, PHI takes cues from global concerns, compelling themes, and ideas reflecting our human condition.
PHI approaches its work while considering the needs, voices, and points of view of everyone. PHI values lived experience, heritage and difference, seeking to ensure that diverse voices are not only respected, but actively uplifted and included in its discussions through the lens of art.
Dedicated to Quality
The dialogue between art and the public is sacred. The curators at PHI are committed to producing meaningful exhibitions and immersive experiences while respecting, uplifting and contextualizing art, artists and the ideas they cultivate.
At PHI, art is bold, the gesture and creative impulse is unpredictable. Unexpected encounters inform new hybrid ideas. The conversation is always rigorous and impactful.
Apply for this
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.