Director of operations and touring
Publication date Jan 13, 2023
- Working hours
- Full time
- Spoken and written languages
The Director of operations and touring manages all operations inherent to Infinity Experiences' travelling exhibitions and installations in Quebec and the United States. This person also provides the necessary support to foreign partners who operate the exhibitions and installations in partnership with the company in Canadian and foreign markets.
About the position
Its first production, THE INFINITE, is the largest virtual reality installation ever produced in the world and is based on films produced by Felix & Paul Studios in collaboration with TIME Studios and NASA. THE INFINITE allows visitors to visit the International Space Station and live an exceptional experience in space.
A 2021 version of THE INFINITE is currently touring in North America, a second version is in production for operations beginning in 2023, and additional installations will be added to the North American and international markets in the coming months and years.
- Implement an operational management structure to support the growth of the company;
- Establish operating budgets, ensure follow-up and compliance;
- Ensure that the overall quality of operations is maintained and that customers and partners are satisfied;
- Be responsible for permanent and temporary operation and production staff as well as relations with service providers;
- Support the business development team, validate potential venues and partners and ensure that all conditions are met to guarantee the success of exhibitions and partnerships;
- Negotiate contractual agreements with the various exhibition venues and ensure that they are respected;
- Supervise the logistics of installation, dismantling and transportation;
- Select global and local suppliers and ensure the proper execution of their mandates;
- Supervise the operation of the venue, personnel management, training and security;
- Collaborate with the company's creative, production and tech partners, PHI Group and Felix & Paul Studios, to ensure smooth operations;
- Oversee ticketing and merchandising activities;
- Work with the marketing team to ensure alignment between operations and various marketing campaigns and initiatives;
- Participate, with the business development, production and technology team, in the development of co-promotion and licensing products and agreements;
- Provide support to partners who operate the company's exhibitions in other provinces and foreign territories.
- 5 years (minimum) of experience in project management, operations and touring;
- DEC or equivalent, or any combination of training and or relevant experience;
- Excellent human resources management and communication skills;
- Experience in international tour management and good knowledge of exhibition, event and or show operations;
- Sense of responsibility, autonomy and initiative;
- Good leadership, team spirit and positive attitude, ability to manage stress and pressure;
- Rational and informed approach to business decisions;
- Ability to work in the field;
- Good network of contacts, both locally and internationally;
- Flexible working hours and no constraints to travel abroad regularly for periods ranging from a few days to several weeks;
- Proficiency in Google and Office tools;
- Excellent command of English and French, both spoken and written.
Hybrid work environment
Vacation and time off
Our brand promises
The world is in perpetual transformation. Without omitting the past experience, PHI is looking to the future and making a lasting commitment to listening to and making space for the next generation of creative practitioners.
Attentive to ecosystems, PHI acts as an antenna and contributes significantly to new ways of consuming art. Relevance is applicable in the research and development of both tech and form, contributing significantly to contemporary ways of creating and consuming art and new forms of storytelling. Passionate about participating in global consciousness, PHI takes cues from global concerns, compelling themes, and ideas reflecting our human condition.
PHI approaches its work while considering the needs, voices, and points of view of everyone. PHI values lived experience, heritage and difference, seeking to ensure that diverse voices are not only respected, but actively uplifted and included in its discussions through the lens of art.
Dedicated to Quality
The dialogue between art and the public is sacred. The curators at PHI are committed to producing meaningful exhibitions and immersive experiences while respecting, uplifting and contextualizing art, artists and the ideas they cultivate.
At PHI, art is bold, the gesture and creative impulse is unpredictable. Unexpected encounters inform new hybrid ideas. The conversation is always rigorous and impactful.
Apply for this
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.