Administrative Assistant - PHI Contemporary Project
Publication date Jun 13, 2023
- Working hours
- Full time
- Spoken and written languages
English (intermediate level)
The Administrative Assistant will report to the Head of Masterplanning & Development at PHI, and will be a critical member of the PHI Contemporary development team. This person will be responsible for the administration, documentation, accounting and reporting related to the PHI Contemporary Project. These responsibilities will also include administration-related communications and correspondence with related stakeholders - including internal team members and departments, as well as external parties - eg. government authorities, consultants, Architects, et al.
About the position
PHI Contemporary will be a cultural institution dedicated to exploring the contemporary through public engagement with the multi-dimensional presentation of contemporary art, discourse and creative practices for which PHI is known. Located on a historically significant site in the eastern end of Old Montreal, the ~5000m2 building is scheduled to open in 2027 and will be designed by the winners of the international architectural competition completed in 2022. With its exhibition galleries and expansive public realm, this new cultural landmark will engage the local community, visitors to the city of Montreal and PHI's ever-expanding network.
The PHI Contemporary project is a major initiative that involves the coordination of multiple stakeholders, including PHI team members, government partners, municipal and provincial authorities, and all those involved in the conception, design and construction of the new building.
- Oversight and reporting for project budget and schedules: monitoring projections vs actuals and flagging any discrepancies to ensure appropriate realignment and/or decision-making measures are taken to ensure successful execution;
- Become an expert on the subject matter for all project-related administrative documents - eg. contracts, regulatory procedures, obligations, etc;
- Ensuring compliance and coordination for all stakeholder-related obligations, requirements and processes, including government (funding) partnerships, permitting and approval processes, RFPs, etc;
- Management of (internal and external) approval processes;
- Documentation and reporting as required by the project(s), including meeting minutes, correspondences and reports;
- Accounting and invoice management, including coordination with providers and management of internal ERP systems and budget-tracking tools and reporting;
- General oversight and management of project-related software platforms and tools (eg. ERP software, task and project management programs, etc);
- Coordination of stakeholder meetings and departmental planning and scheduling;
- Simple translation work (French / English), eg. for short texts, letters, forms, etc.
- Minimum academic requirements: DEC or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years experience in Project or Executive Administration;
- Experience in the execution of complex multi-stakeholder projects, including direct involvement with budget, accounting and timeline management;
- Facility with budget, ERP and project management softwares;
- Ease in both French and English (intermediate level) mostly for communicating with different suppliers/partners.
- Professional polish and ability to communicate effectively with colleagues from different sectors;
- High levels of diligence, attention to details, autonomy and organization;
- Additional aspects of interest: Experience or education related to the cultural sphere, architecture, design and or construction.
Hybrid work environment
Vacation and time off
Our brand promises
The world is in perpetual transformation. Without omitting the past experience, PHI is looking to the future and making a lasting commitment to listening to and making space for the next generation of creative practitioners.
Attentive to ecosystems, PHI acts as an antenna and contributes significantly to new ways of consuming art. Relevance is applicable in the research and development of both tech and form, contributing significantly to contemporary ways of creating and consuming art and new forms of storytelling. Passionate about participating in global consciousness, PHI takes cues from global concerns, compelling themes, and ideas reflecting our human condition.
PHI approaches its work while considering the needs, voices, and points of view of everyone. PHI values lived experience, heritage and difference, seeking to ensure that diverse voices are not only respected, but actively uplifted and included in its discussions through the lens of art.
Dedicated to Quality
The dialogue between art and the public is sacred. The curators at PHI are committed to producing meaningful exhibitions and immersive experiences while respecting, uplifting and contextualizing art, artists and the ideas they cultivate.
At PHI, art is bold, the gesture and creative impulse is unpredictable. Unexpected encounters inform new hybrid ideas. The conversation is always rigorous and impactful.
Apply for this
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.